An Introduction to Mobile Video Production with Sudeep Bhattacharya
Follow award winning Filmmaker and Photographer Sudeep Bhattacharya as he teaches you the best practices of creating compelling video content using just your mobile phone and a computer.
This course is designed as a deep dive into the entire process of video production, from scripting, to shooting, and finally editing your short film, using freely available apps on your mobile phone, and editing softwares that will enable you to produce high quality professional video productions wherever you are using minimum resources.
meet the trainer
Sudeep Bhattacharya is a photographer and film maker based in Bangalore, India. A distinct narrative style is a binding theme across his work that reflects an amalgamation of diverse influences. His portfolio has earned him recognition and features in Vogue , Conde Nast Traveller, Asian Photography among others. A TEDx speaker and Winner of the Best New Film Maker Award by the Pacific Film and Television Council and Brisbane International Film Festival, he has a keen interest in building communities and education centered around the arts.
Find out about our next batch. We only accept limited students per batch.
As part of this course we will go over shot breakdowns, rules of composition, video shooting techniques, editing video footage, tips and tricks to polish your video production skills.
- Prerequisites: Applicants must own laptop/desktop and headphones, have a basic understanding of Apple/Microsoft operating systems and have access to high speed internet.
- Grade/Level: Basic, Intermediate
- Class Time: 8 classes, 2 Hours Each session
- Fees: INR 10,000/-
- Maximum Batch Size: 10 students
- Why Shoot on Mobile Phones
- Trade Offs when working with smaller image formats
- Understanding Video File Formats
- Resolution and Bitrate and why they matter
- Frame Rates Vs Shutter Speed while filming
- Third Party Add Ons and Best Practices
- Best Camera Phones and Mobile Video Production Gear in 2020
- Breaking down the Exposure Triangle
- Selecting Correct White Balance
- ISO and it’s limitations for Mobile Video
- Focal lengths, Lens Selection and Add Ons
- Working with Natural Light
- Rules of Composition
- How to Improve your Composition
- B Rolls and why they are essential elements in your Story
- Gimbals, Tripod shots and Handheld Video
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Shooting
- Learning the Interface
- Importing Media and Raw footage organization
- Starting Edits – Editing the timeline
- Working with visual transitions
- Adding Music and Voice
- Adding Text – Titles and Captions
- Stock Video and Music Resources
- Color Grading
- Exporting your final project